University of Calcutta
Faculty of Law
B.A. LL.B. ADMISSION NOTICE 2012-2013
Applications are invited in prescribed form for Admission to 1st semester of 5-year B.A. LL.B. course for the academic session 2012-2013 for the under mentioned institutions.
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus) (Hostel facility for both boys and girls available). No. of seats 120
- Jogesh Chandra Chowdhury Law College. (www.jcclawcollege.in) No. of seats 120
- Surendranath Law College. No. of seats 120
- South Calcutta Law College. No. of seats 120
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Mallickpur,
Baruipur, South-24Parganas. No. of seats 120
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South24Parganas.
No. of seats 120
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed) Mohanlal Street, Shyambazar, Kolkata-700 004. (Subject to confirmation by the Syndicate which is not in session at present).
- George College of Law (Self-financed), G.T.Road, Kannagar, Hoogly. (Subject to confirmation by the Syndicate which is not in session at present).
- Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed). No. of seats 120 1, N.G. Road (Amgachia), P.S : Bisnupur, Kolkata - 700104
Particulars in respect of the Entrance Test and other relevant information are given below:
- The candidates who have appeared/passed Higher Secondary (10+2) examination or its equivalent examination with subjects recognized by the University of Calcutta securing at least 45% marks (for SC /ST 40%) [Best of four excluding EVS for West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education only.] and the age of the general candidates should not be 20 years and for SC/ST candidates should not be more than 22 years (as on 1st July, 2012) are eligible to apply.
- Application forms will be available at the University of Calcutta Sales Counter at College Street, Kolkata-700 073 on payment of Rs.300/- + 20/- as centre fee (in total Rs.320/-) for general category candidates and Rs.150/- + 20/- as centre fee (in total Rs.170/-) for SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates on all working days from 11-00 a.m. to 3-00 p.m. on and from 16-04-2012 to 18-05-2012. Application form can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in
- Application forms duly filled in will be received in the office of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta at 51/1, Hazra Road , Kolkata-700
019 on all working days between 16-04-2012 and 18-05-2012 from 12 noon to 4-00 p.m. In case of downloaded application forms payment for the purpose will have to be deposited in the University, Hazra Campus Cash Counter at 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata - 700 019, within 3 p.m.
- Original Testimonials will have to be shown and attested photo copies will
have to submit at the time of submission of form.
- Admit Cards will be distributed instantly on receiving the valid forms.
- Entrance Test will be held on 20th May, 2012 at 12 noon.
- Examination centre will be specified in the Admit Card.
- After Entrance Test, the admission will be done through counselling.
- Date of publication of Result / Rank List: 18-06-2012 (will be displayed on
official website of C.U. www.caluniv.ac.in
- Dates and other details about counselling will be notified at the time of
Publication of results.
- Transfer from Self-Financing Law College can only be to another Self-
Financing Law College.
- Rs. 1000/- (Non refundable) will be collected in cash as Caution Money from each candidate during counselling. The amount will be adjusted by the institution concerned at the time of admission.
- Reservation of seats for SC, ST and Physically Challenged candidates will be as per University rules and the applicants will have to attach
relevant valid certificates (SC / ST candidates will have to produce certificate
from District Magistrate /Sub Divisional Officer of West Bengal only and Physically Challenged candidate will have to produce certificate from Presidency Surgeon / Chief Medical Officer of the District in this regard).
- Selected candidates are required to follow University rules and regulations regarding attendance and all other matters.
Further particulars regarding admission may be obtained from the office of the undersigned at 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata – 700019. Phone no. 2461-4712.
(Prof. S. S. Chatterji)
Faculty of Law
University of Calcutta