Department of Library and Information Science
Asutosh Building, 3rd Floor
Asutosh Siksha Prangan (College Street Campus)
87/1 College Street, Kolkata 700 073
- Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the Ph D programme in Library and Information Science, University of Calcutta, for the session 2012-2013.
- Admissions will be made on the basis of an admission test, of three hours duration followed by an interview of the selected candidates.
- The candidates should download the ‘application form’ from the university website for the admission test and interview and submit the same along with the application fee of Rs. 100/- in the proper challan obtainable from the University cash counter to the department.
- The last date for receiving application forms is 6th June, 2012.
- Number of seats for the Ph. D. programme for 2012-2013 – 12
- Reservation policy will be followed as per rules
- Date and time of Admission test - 7th June 2012 at 12:00 noon.
Admission test will be held on the following basis:
1st paper – General Studies (MCQ); 80 Marks; Duration: 50 min
2nd Paper – Library & Information Science (MCQ); 60 Marks; Duration: 40 min
3rd Paper – Subjective Questions on Library & Information Science; 60 Marks; Duration: 90 min.
(Each candidate must obtain 50% marks as qualification marks for each paper)
- The result of written test will be put up on the notice board of the department on 8th June 2012.
- The viva-voce of 50 marks will be held on 11th June 2012 at 11:00 am in the Department.
- The list of candidates for the PhD programme will be published on 13th June 2012.
- Candidates qualified in NET/SET/M. Phil exam, are not required to appear in the admission test but need to qualify in the interview. However, they should apply in the manner prescribed above within 6th June 2012.
Department keeps its right to change the above schedule and number of intake.